(Katowice Pyrzowice Airport - City Center)
Have any questions?
or contact us
How to get from Katowice Pyrzowice Airport to Katowice City Center
Landing in Katowice Pyrzowice Airport? These are you options getting to Katowice City Center:
Option #1 City Bus – Line AP
1. Upon arriving to Katowice Pyrzowice Airport head to the bus stop line located right in front of the entrance to the airport.
2. Buy a ticket in the ticket machine located at the bus stop – it is 6PLN (approx 1.5 EUR). You can pay by card.
Drivers are selling tickets only in cash if you have exactly 6PLN. They don’t accept higher amount of money as do not give change. They accept only Polish Złoty.
3. Bus driver will not require you to show the ticket but in case of a control you will have to show it. Remember to validate your ticket upon entering the bus.
4. The AP line stops at Strefa Kultury ( Hotels Novotel and Ibis), at Sokolska (Hotel Vienna House, Hotel B&B and Park Inn – for Park Inn you can change to another city bus here using same ticket, cross the street and take lines number 30, 110, 168) and at the Railway Station (relevant for Mercure, Marriott, Diament hotels).
Option #2 – Private bus
1. Purchase your ticket in advance (at least 2 weeks prior to the planned arrival date) via the following website:
The ticket price is around 4-7 EUR depending on day and time of arrival.
2. Upon arriving to Katowice Pyrzowice head to the bus stop line and look for the Matuszek Company logo at the bus stops. It is next to the city buses stop.
3. You will need to show online ticket confirmation and your ID to the bus driver.
4. Matuszek company arrives to the Railway Station in Katowice at it’s “back”.
In order to get to the city centre you’ll have to enter the Railway Station and cross it to the other side. 3mins walking.
Option #3 – Taxi
1. Pre-book your trip via the website below.
Provide as many details as You can, including flight number, if you have registered luggage or only carry on one. If you are a non-EU resident and will need to go through the border control upon arriving, provide that info too. Driver will be checking if there are any delays and will estimate time for your pick up.
Driver will wait at the arrival hall with your name or taxi company logo.
2. The price is fixed from Pyrzowice Airport to Katowice City Center and it is 150PLN (approx 34EUR). You can pay by card or in Polish złoty. All El-Sol hotels, except Park-Inn are in the city center area. To the Park-Inn hotel you might be charged some additional regular City fee.
If You are arriving with a group of 3+ people, request a combi or van with an uplift payment of 20PLN.