Maykel was born in Havana 10.10.1976.
He graduated from one of the most famous schools in Cuba, Tropicana, where he studied classical dance, afro, contemporary, rumba and then became part of the professional dance company.
In 2000 he moved to Italy with the group „Ire Bata”.
He developed there and perfected his skills in afro, classical ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip hip, flamenco and latin american dances.
He was a dancer on italian TV in multiple productions, from 2002 he started travelling internationally as a teacher, performer and choreographer.
In 2011 he appeared as the protagonist’s dance partner in the movie „Streetdance 2 3D”, choreographer of the latin dance parts and as an actor.
His other important appearances include:
– a choreographer and lead dancer in Havana d’Primera’s new video „al final de la vida” 2011
– „Croma Latina” videoclip choreographer and dancer, 2011
– actor in a Nescafe commercial, 2012
– coauthor and singer in „dale lo que lleva” by Maykel Blanco, 2013
– choreographer and dancer in the national TV dancing with the stars „ballando con le stelle” Rai 1.: 2013 – partnering a famouse actress Veronica Logan,2014- with Giorgia Surina, 2016 with Asia Argento, 2017 Giuliana de Sio, 2020 Alessandra Mussolini, 2021 singer Mieta
– from 2015 main dancer in a spectacle “Son, Mambo y Cha cha chá“ with Isaac Delgado
– choreographer and dancer in “ El que este que tumbe“ by Havana de primera. He obtained the prize Lucas for the best choreographer in Cuba
Maykel continues to impress and inspire the international dance community, this year he brings his group to elSol and he will be teaching a bootcamp with Marco Ferrigno.